Re: gummed up?

To: croxx@texas.net
Subject: Re: gummed up?
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:24:15 EST
Chris

I have been fighting a similar (not identical) issue with my 510.  I put two
SUs on a fresh L20B engine and when I started it for the first time it would
only run on 2 or 3 cylinders.  It would idle fine but would not accept a load.
I finally found that the back carb was not getting adequate fuel.  I cleaned
out the floats (back one had a little fuel inside but not enough to bother)
blew out the hose from the float to the jet, blew out the jet and (IMPORTANT
POINT HERE!) cleaned the screen filter at the fuel inlet to the float bowl.
They both had some fibers and one had alot of grit in it.
Moral - It goes like greased stink now!!!

Wayne Loomis Co.
SRL311 #11995