1967 1600 Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967 1600 Questions
From: Carrie and Lorie Brown <brown4@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:50:18 -0800
I am amazed at how much Email I get since I signed up for the roadster
Email.  There are a lot of you roadster freaks out there.  This is my
first letter to ask some questions and I already feel like I know people
like Fred Katz.  I have owned my 1967 1600 since last November of 1998,
and I love that little car.  The engine and tranny are out now and I'm
going to re-build the tranny, but I am having a machine shop do the head
and the block.  My question centers on the rear end.  It makes a humming
noise at 60 mph, but when I let up on the gas, the noise quits.  This is
probably the third member.  Can the ring gear still be adjusted if it is
not badly worn, or do I need to find a new ring gear and pinion?  I'm
not sure if these parts are available.  Are there other Datsun rear ends
which will fit the 67 1600?

Kelly Brown
Medford, Oregon