Re: How Heavy?

To: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: How Heavy?
From: "Dusty" <dusty@app-net.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:12:50 -0500
,  the cast block and aluminum
> head expand and contract (ever so slightly) at a different rate.

The expansion of aluminum to steel is nearly twice...........

I forgot to ask this
> earlier-I thought I read somewhere that non-detergent was good for
break-in.
> Any thoughts

If the engine is built to exact specs, then use the best oil you can use
from the start.  Then the engine will "wear out" instead of "breaking In".

If just a quick rebuild however, use  a straight mineral oil until the first
or second oil change to let the moving parts naturally "seat".

Dusty