SoCalRoc meet news and other things

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox-team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox-team.net>
Subject: SoCalRoc meet news and other things
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:15:59 -0800
Hey Datsun Roadster people!

Just thought I would drop a line to the roadster world a large and give an
update as to the happenings of SoCalRoc. Things are going well in
preparation for the meet and I have received confirmations for just about
every person who has joined the group. The page has been updated with more
owner cars, and I have to say the enthusiasm is great. Thanks to all of you
who have put links on your pages to our page. I will return the favor I
promise.

I am going to go to the meet site this week to scope things out. I will be
making signs to guide you to the meet once inside the park as it is a BIG
park. I will be revising the web site with better directions. I will be
providing food for about 20 people, but please feel free to bring food,
picnic games, your kids/families,friends, interested neighbors- all of the
above.  The weather has been great (mid 70s) and I hope it will be as
beautiful on February 6th. I have decided that this will be a meet, not a
rallye, although several people have said that as long as they have their
cars out, they are going to take a cruise up Pacific Coast Hiway. Knock your
socks off! I will stay in the park as host. Every car present will have a
placard to identify owner and year, and we will vote on "best of meet", so
polish up those roadsters! I will also take a picture of every car present
and put it up on the SoCalRoc site and email the owners a copy.

I would also like to invite any and all roadster owners from anywhere in the
universe to come and join us. Would love to see some BADROC folks, and for
those of you in the San Diego, Riverside, San Fernando Valley, you are close
enough! Come on over to the meet! I look forward to seeing you all there

Other news- If you are looking for a REALLY nice looking 67.5 1600, check
out www.chequeredflag.com. They specialize in classic sports cars and they
have a nice one. A quick question to the list. The head is painted black. Is
this common? Oh well, just thought I would ask.

Personally, my 67.5 2000 is almost ready for the road and I am of course
very excited. It will be making its first public appearance in a LONG time
at the meet.

A little tid bit. I am going to ask the SoCalRoc members to turn up the heat
as far as getting me ideas for a permanent club logo is concerned as I have
a friend who does T-shirts. I would like to have a club logo finalized by
spring, so I can order a run of shirts. The winning design (as voted on by
club members) gets their shirts free. Just another area I am working on for
the club.

So I will keep everyone informed about the meet and I am way excited about
meeting everyone and seeing the cars.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex