Fw: Upper Timing Chain

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Upper Timing Chain
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:35:33 -0800
>I've decided to replace the upper timing chain in my '68 2000. -SNIP- what
else should I inspect and / or replace. John

John,

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for tax return time to do this, and
have been researching this job for quite some time. One of the main things
I've found is that replacing just the chain is a recipe for disaster. If the
chain is worn, so are the gears, guides and tensioners. This is the time to
spend the 7 bills and replace the works.

I need more info on this one but, I believe this is also the time top do the
infamous jack shaft modification. Maybe the list has the scoop on this?

1. Do you do the "Jackshaft Mod" during a Timing job?

2. does it require removal of the shaft?

3. Does someone have a good FAQ on this mod?

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://home.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm