Re: horn problem

To: datsun_spl311@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: horn problem
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 09:44:01 EST
Hook some jumpers directly to each of the horns, if they honk its
the relay.  These old horns can be taken apart with all the
nuts and bolts around the edges. Inside is an electromagnet
and a set of points.  you can clean up the points and
it will start working again unless the magnet is burned.
If you are really motivated you cant rewind that.......
note the screw on the outside to adjust the tone also.
As for the relay, carefully pry the tin lid off of it,
and you can file the contact points on it as well.
If too far gone, I think some of our suppliers have this
part for not too much $$.
Good Luck

Jim
67 pushrod 2L 5spd