RE: gotta new (old) car

To: "'SPL311RDST@aol.com'" <SPL311RDST@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: gotta new (old) car
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:07:43 -0600
Bill Kenyon has done a nice KA-24 into a 2000 swap. I think I'd consider
that one along with the L-series swap, particularly for a street/fun car.
There really ain't no substitute (on the street) for cubic inches and I
suspect the EFI on the KA would yield smoother driveabililty, too.

If the KA is shorter than the L, that's good, as the L-20b (or an L-22 if
you want to drop in Z-22 bits) is tall enough to create hood clearance
issues. Bill can provide the motor mount details and other info. BTW, I
think he had FTD for Sunday's auto-x at the Shasta All Datsun last July.
There's a picture of the install on Marc Sayer's ZCCD website.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ron510@mac.com
ronday@home.com
ronnie_day@acd.org
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)