Re: Wiring diagram printing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiring diagram printing
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 07:51:38 -0600

Mark Dent wrote:

> If anyone has a fix, let me know and I will put it next to it on the
> page

The problem is simply that the image is too large, thought it doesn't display
that way when viewed on the web.  But when you try to print from your browser,
it prints full size, which is too large for an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.
Alan's fix is the probably the best one.  Assuming you are using
Netscape ( which you SHOULD be! <grin> ), to download the image just right
click on it, and select "Save Image As".  Save it to a convenient location on
your hard drive.  Now open it in Paint (if you have Win95/98 you have Paint)
and print.

If you don't want to do the tape thing you have two options.  One is to put it
on a floppy and get yourself down to Kinko's, where, for a few bucks, you can
print it on larger paper.  The second is to reduce it to 8 1/2 x 11 size.  To
do this in Paint, select Image -> Attributes.  On the dialog box
that appears, select "Inches" as your units, change the size, and click OK.
Now you can print it on regular paper, but it will be compressed a bit.

Don't know where to find Paint?  Select Start -> Programs -> Accessories.

Mark, you could shrink the image so that it will always fit 8 1/2 x 11, but
then we'd all lose some resolution, so I wouldn't recommend that approach.

Hope that helps!

Mark van der Hoek
Houston, for now.

--