Re: Car speakers

To: <RickStayner@aol.com>, <stevenh@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Car speakers
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:11:58 -0800
I had speakers in the sides of the rear deck on my '68. At highway speeds,
couldn't hear anything. On my '66, I did likewise by placing speakers at
the rear on the sides and added two speakers up front. Same, couldn't hear
much..

Recently on my '66, I installed speakers on the rollbar behind the seats.
The speakers are to the side, and angled towards the seated driver and
passenger. At highway speeds, the sound is excellent and crystal clear.
They're a box with metal brackets to adjust the position. I also mounted
speakers under the dash on the small triangle that faces forward.

The difference is amazing, having the speakers positioned near the head
versus the speakers in the car body panels. Miata seats must be even
better.

Fred
So.SF