Re: Perfect Christmas gift

To: stevenh@execpc.com
Subject: Re: Perfect Christmas gift
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 14:53:14 +1100
I have had about 25 people write to me asking about that super-cool kids
Roadster steering wheel and dashboard, and wanting to know where I bought it.
Perhaps I should have made it a bit clearer but I didn't buy it myself, I just
found that page with it on the internet.
It is one of the many amazing little gems you can find if you have the patience
to play around on some of the Japanese search engines. There is a heap of
Datsun Roadster stuff on the net in Japan, the only problem is that it is all
in Japanese, still you get to see all kinds of cool pictures. If you are
interested you can go to a search engine such as http://www.excite.com.jp , and
type in what you are looking for in english, it will then give the results but
most of them come back in Japanese, so you just have to randomly click on
things and see what they are. You need a lot of patience but there are some
amazing things to be found. Just one hint, in Japan (and here in Australia too)
these cars are rarely ever refered to as 'Datsun Roadsters', you will be best
to type in 'fairlady' or 'datsun sports'.
Alan Bent  -  Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130