Re: frame painting...

To: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: frame painting...
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:28:48 -0500

  I have my 1600 up on jack stands and after removing the front rims, I had no
problems taking the shocks out without compressing the coils.  I'm running KYB
GR2s and they slid right out the lower hole after dropping the three bolts.  Did
I do something wrong or are KYBs skinny?

Paul
OROC

Please respond to Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Also, be aware that taking off the front shocks without the weight of
the body and drivetrain is no picnic. I don't have a spring compressor
(I don't even know what one looks like!) and the frame alone is not
nearly heavy enough to squash them coils springs down enough to let the
shocks out of the lower a-arm. Anyone do this without a spring
compressor? Anyone interested in coming by to sit on the frame for a few
minutes?
I'll even wait till the paint dries :-)

Paul
67 1600