FW: FW: Datsun For Sale

To: "'Datsunline'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: FW: Datsun For Sale
From: "Patton, Brian Lee" <bpatton@eastman.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:22:33 -0500
Good thoughts. I paid $2k for my '69 2000 about eight years ago, running,
but barely. I've used it as an off-and-on daily driver/touring car ever
since. With the help of several of our favorite vendors, I've probably sunk
another $2k into the car, and over the years sunk $1k into ragged 1600 parts
cars (3). The car runs super now, has new carpets, nice stock wheels again,
lots of other little stuff. However, it's still very much a beater, and
probably wouldn't bring much over my initial investment. Body is rust-free
mostly, but has dozens of dings and nicks - a bodyman's nightmare. Seats are
usuable, but rough.

Having said all that, it costs me $18/yr in taxes, and has brought my bride
and I hours of pleasure, both driving and cussin' those hard to get to
bolts. We all know the "under dash" syndrome. Mine is not for sale either,
and hopefully will be around to give my daughters the same feeling you get
when someone says: "Cool car - what is it? Take us for a ride!" Priceless!

BP - '69 2000
Columbia SC
Finally roadster weather

Brian L Patton