Spring Fling

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spring Fling
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:09:27 -0600
Hello to all you roadster owners.  It's time for the annual TDROC Spring
Fling, this year held in Fort Worth, Texas.  We'll meet on Friday night, May
5th, to swap a few lies and check out the new wheels, then Saturday, May
6th, we'll see the sights that Fort Worth's Mayfest celebration has to
offer.  We'll have a banquet Saturday night (shoes and shirts required) and
a short business meeting to plan future events. Contact Terry Cost
tcost@vvm.com Mike Adams mikeadam@wcnet.net or Jerry Weiner
weiner@writeme.com for details.  We will have cars, pictures of cars, parts,
pictures of parts, wives, pictures of wives, technical information, general
silliness, and a really good time. Stay with us or make a day trip of it on
Saturday.

I can offer advice on header wraps.  I have a tube header that fried two
short (2000) starters.  The electrical resistance through the hot wires and
the starter would prevent me from starting a hot (heat soaked) engine.  With
the wrap I've not had any problems at all.  I used large worm-drive hose
clamps to hold it on, and there was plenty of material for the four tube
header. The material abrades easily, so plan to replace parts of it
occasionally. A PO had fabricated a carb heat shield from sheet aluminum
that works well.  Come by the Spring Fling and look at my setup.  Maybe you
can offer improvements.  See you then!

Leisure Suit Terry