Re: Shasta weekend

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shasta weekend
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 00 10:58:37 CST
>Any suggestions on where to tie a roadster down to a trailer. Not sure
>what points are safe to attach straps to.

Kim,

If you can, I would recommend locking down all four wheels! They
have those tire nets that go over the wheels, best to used them.

This would allow the roadster's suspension to soak up some of
the vibration passed along the trailer. You still want a trailer
with springs on it, too.

Usually I have used a chain to hold down the front (wrapped around
the front cross member), and two come alongs on the rear to the
rear leaf spring shackels.

We once used a springless trailer, with a roadster tied down pretty
tight. I think we rattled loose every bolt on the roadster! After
a long 800 mile trip, there were quite a few bolts and nuts on
the trailers wooden floor! Opps.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX