Roadster sighting and mini meet

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster sighting and mini meet
From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:04:58 -0800
Hey List,

This weekend the weather in Southern California has been spectacular. I
usually ride bikes with my buddy (the kind you pedal) on Saturday mornings,
so after we did our ride, I was hurrying home down Pacific Coast Hiway to
get a drive in my roadster. As I passed a well known diner in Laguna Beach,
I see a bright red 1600 pull into the diner's parking lot. So of course I
pull in to talk to the guy.

As I pull into the parking lot, I see that big super-flared yellow roadster
that made such a splash at the SoCalROC meet on February 6th! So we start
talking about the cars. The guy who had the red 67.5 1600 had had it for a
short time. Said he bought it "From some old guy" for a thousand bucks. He's
put about about five grand into it and it is sharp! He's redone the interior
and the chrome  is awesome on this car. Perfect bumpers, grill, badges,
everything. It also had very nice Panasports on it.He's not on the internet,
but I got his name and number and invited him to join the club. He lives in
Laguna Beach as I will in about two months.

The yellow 69 that has been so customized is a pushrod car with Solexes and
race wheels. WAY flared body too. It is for sale and I have the info if
anyone is interested. If you want to see a picture, it is on the SoCalROC
site under the Meet Photos Link.

So quite a fun little get together. I think that the guy is going to come to
Solvang as is the yellow pushrod. Should be great!

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex
SoCalROC http://www.netcom.com/~andr/socalroc.htm