Towing a 2000 ain't easy on the Volvo up I-95

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing a 2000 ain't easy on the Volvo up I-95
From: David Datsun <datsun_dave@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:39:17 -0800 (PST)
Hey, List:

I just towed my 69 2000 from Miami to Philly on the
back of my 1987 Volvo 240 that has 225,000 miles. Here
are some of the results for the Volvo:

1) Headlight out
2) Front left strut busted? - Car suddenly sitting way
too high
3) Massive oil leaking from engine
4) Car died at dealer when dropping off tow dolly -
alternator?

So, maybe all of those quotes to tow car across
country with vendors makes some sense afterall? :)

Oh, more Datsun 2000 content. I removed driveshaft on
the 2000 to tow it, but no tranny oil came gushing
out. Is this ok? On some cars, removing the driveshaft
lets out all of the tranny fluid. Oh, Datsun 2000 came
through with no problems. Everything is fine, and she
now sits under cover in my brother's 6 car garage.

David Wilson
Coconut Grove, FL (but not for long)

=====
David E Wilson