mystery gasket from 2000

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: mystery gasket from 2000
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:37:30 EST
I had to pull the oil pan on my new 68 2000 this afternoon to track down an
oil leak and found in the oil 2 mystery brown gaskets floating around.

I will wander through the parts manual, but I was wondering if anyone can
recognize the gaskets by this description: It is 1 1/2 inch+, by 1 1/4 inch+
ear to ear, with 1/4 inch holes on each of the two "ears," one at top left,
one at the bottom right, and there is an oval hole at the top middle 5/16ths
wide and 7/17ths high. The bottom left is a right angle, the top left and
bottom right have ears with the 1/4 inch holes, and the top right forms about
a 120 degree angle.  The material is stiff plastic like, and translucent.

I haven't a clue what they are, and how they made their way into the oil, but
my guess is that they don't belong there.  If this doesn't help, I'll scan
them and post a picture on the net.

Thanks

Gary C
66 1600
68 2000 solex in need of an oil pan gasket.