More Strange Things

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More Strange Things
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:11:15 -0500
A little over a week ago I had a visit from a new roadster owner here
in Southern Ontario. Well here is an update.

It is a white '68 2000 former Texas car that has been in Ontario Canada for
perhaps 15-20 years. It hasn't been driven in quite some time but is not
siezed and should be no problem getting it to run. The serial number puts
it in the low 1100's and there are quite a few notes in the repair manual,
such as it is, in the section on the transmission. This suggests at least
a rebuild for whatever reason. Possibly 5th gear neutral? The body is very
solid with no holes rusted through with the exception of the floors under
the seats and the bottom of the door jambs where the hinges are. The door
jambs are not too bad as they are not beyond repair. The seams are just
starting to expand. In all it is in much better condition than my '67 was
at the start.

Now for the strange...

While attempting to find more information on Datsun roadsters and trying
to decide whether or not to buy it, Don was asking around the Nissan
dealerships and managed to trace a "red one" that belonged to Young Imports
in Niagara Falls that disappeared without a trace a few years ago.
Grin.... Mine.

While discussing what got me started in roadsters and my long search to find
one, I found out that this "white one" was being driven around east Hamilton
and Stoney Creek about the same time, 1986, I was returning from the paint
shop in my first 510 wagon. Don's car could very well be the white roadster
that blew past me in the other lane. This was the incident that started it
all.

When it comes to roadsters and 510s it really is a small world around here.

--
Frank Roggeband | 67.5-1600, 69-1600, 69-510, 71-510, 75-710, 93-KingCab
Grimsby Ontario | Home Page-->http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html