NOWROC BBQ

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: NOWROC BBQ
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:53:14 EST
Wanted to thank everyone who participated in the BBQ Saturday. Had
a great time, met a lot of people who are on the list. Nice to put faces
with the names. Tim has a great facility, and a nice collection of roadsters.
Had a good turnout, hope pictures will be put up soon.
Eric; I Ran a 36.257, got ya by about .500. Good job in a stock 1600!!!

Question to the list: A lot of you do or have in the past autox'd. Is it
customary to give out trophies to the top finishers in each class? This
was an SCCA SOLO II event, and we were given magnetic signs with
circles on them for each regional race (7). Participants were given stickers
of cones to go in each circle or event you attend. Top finishers (1-3)
were given stickers of cones with numbers on them (1-3 depending on
# of entries). Maybe I'm missing something, but when I used to autox years
ago, we were given real trophies, mugs, plaques etc. Am I expecting too
much? You go out and spend the day at the event,  your expected to
work the course, yoi drive your car hard with the possibility of breaking
something and you get a 1" diameter sticker as an award. What do other Regions
get as awards? Thanks for the insight!!

Kim
68 2000 CSP