factory roll bar for high windshield

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: factory roll bar for high windshield
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 00 14:25:20 CST
Does anyone have a factory roll bar in their high windshield
car?

I'd love to see some detailed photos of it. Ironically I own
a brand new tonneu cover for a high windshield car with a
factory roll bar installed. What I need is some good photo's
of the installation, and the size of the tube used.

In the USA aftermarket bars are much more common, and usually
a 2" diamter tube. Factory bars are about 1.5" tubing, and
have a much different mounting system.

Yes, I did get the '68 2000 out of the shed. I had left the
handbrake on (mistake) and the shoes were stuck to the drums.
Ditto on front pads to rotors after the car has been sitting
for four years. Normally easy to roll, but couldn't budge it.
Hooked up the tow strap to the rear shackle... and used the
Land Cruiser to "assist" in rolling it back... worked like
a champ! ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter      '68 2000
Austin, TX