Re: factory roll bar for high windshield

To: walter@omni.sps.mot.com, Datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: factory roll bar for high windshield
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:41:51 -0800
<<From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)

Does anyone have a factory roll bar in their high windshield
car?

I'd love to see some detailed photos of it. Ironically I own
a brand new tonneu cover for a high windshield car with a
factory roll bar installed. What I need is some good photo's
of the installation, and the size of the tube used.

In the USA aftermarket bars are much more common, and usually
a 2" diamter tube. Factory bars are about 1.5" tubing, and
have a much different mounting system.

My '69 RHD 2000 Fairlady came with one.  I don't have it (the rollbar, still
have the car) any longer (gave it to Mike Kerr about 18? 19? years ago (wow,
I've had this car a long time!)) but can take a bunch of shots of the factory
mounting points for you.  Basically two 3" or 4" square plates at the lower
corners of the back wall of the interior/ trunk sheet metal and two more where
the floor meets the back wall behind the seats just inside the doors (much
easier to look at than describe position of).  But don't get too excited - they
are just weld nuts attached to the sheet metal.  And the tubing looked like 1"
thin wall conduit.
Almost worthless.  And why it's no longer in my car.
Mike - is it still lurking around somewhere in your 'I'll get to that someday'
pile?

Mark Miller
Alameda, Ca