Factory rool bar

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory rool bar
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:25:18 -0800
I have a factory bar and but no camera. Maybe I can get someone to take
some ditial pictures next time I an on a run. As for a discription here
goes:  The factory bar bolts to the corners of the lower floor pan
behind the seat and to the rear deck. The brackets are bolted to the Bar
and rear braces which are also bolted to the bar making a total of 7
pieces.  There is an offset ("S") in the bar allowing the bar to come up
over the back shelf tilting rearward along the back edge of the seats.
The top of the hoop has three bends ( two outside bends of  ~ 95-100
degress and one center top bend of~ 5-10 degress ).  The rear braces
start below the outside bends and angle down toward the center of the
rear deck shelf with a reinforced bend at the end of the brace to change
the angle to the brackets which have a tube welded into an "L" that is
bolted to the lower rear edge of the back self about 1/3 ( 1 foot ) from
the wheel well.  The Bar is very small ~1.5 " OD x .090

Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (858) 622-7963
4215 Sorrento Valley Boulevard         San Diego, CA  92121

YELLOW 69 Solex 2000 Datster