My Clock Solution

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: My Clock Solution
From: Mark_Kalmus@dell.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:45:57 -0600
Good morning, all.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my clock query yesterday.

On the way home from work last night I stopped at Radio Shack and bought a
15/30A soldering iron, rosin solder, 18-gauge wire, crimp connectors, a 20A
inline fusible link, and a 10A inline fusible link.  (Aside: I also saw my
third tornado.)  One of my buddies here at Dell has a history in circuit
board manufacturing, so he lent me some guidance.

After practicing with the iron for a bit on a sample wire, I loosened the
existing blue wire on my roadster clock and removed it from the connector.
I replaced it with the new wire, threaded it through the rear body grommet,
and connected it to the 20A fusible link with a wire nut.  I checked the
schematic to confirm the circuit was 20A and used the 20A fuse from my fuse
box.  I attached the rigged clock wiring to my 4Runner's battery with the
hands set on 4:00.  For 30 minutes, the clock kept perfect time.  I
remounted the clock to the dash and replace all four barrel connectors with
new, plastic spade connectors.

This weekend, new instrument bulbs and the dash gets reattached!  Anything
else I should consider before the big finish?

Thanks,

Mark Kalmus
1970 2000