Re: Sometmes you find the most interesting stuff on the internet

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sometmes you find the most interesting stuff on the internet
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:11:09 -0600
>When I get to work in the morning, I surf the internet for news, stocks, and
>of course Datsun Roadsters. Today, I happened upon a roadster listed for
>sale in Hawaii of all places. Just to pique your curiosity, I am not goint
>to describe the add. Just go to http://pennysaver.com/autos.htm and check
>under classic cars. Either the person doesn't know what he has, or am I
>missing something? Anyone going to Hawaii anytime soon?

A couple of thoughts. First, the car may be a '69 rather than a '59. I'd
be surprised if the car was in decent shape, the Rock is not kind to cars
and the metalurgy back then wasn't nearly what it is now. When we lived
on Oahu in the mid '70s Datsuns were imported first by Von Hamm-Young and
then Datsun of Hawaii, completely seperate companies from Datsun, USA.
While by the mid '70s the cars were substantially the same, there were
detail differences.

My point? There's really no telling what models Von Hamm-Young might have
imported in the late '50s through the '60s. It would be interesting to
construct a history of Datsun activity in the Islands as it's at least
somewhat different than what took place here on the Mainland.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)