Re: Heads

To: "Noel Finden" <finden@ozemail.com.au>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heads
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:23:41 -0800
they had at least four different casting from what I have seen .  the last
run of heads the casting was quite different from the rest...   that is why
I thought there might be a difference in virgin head thickness...   More
important than over all head thickness is how much thickness was left on the
bottom of the head when it was first machined at the factory ...you can tell
this by looking at the lip at the bottom of the head...  On the 2L heads
most are about the same when new from what i have seen in my 30 years of
travels with roadsters
but the 1600 heads some of them had a lot more taken off the bottom from the
factory as the lower lip was thinner than the top lip...

Mike Kerr
Restoration Products
3730 todrob Ln.
Placerville, CA 95667