Re: Roadster Comments??

To: "Andrew Murphy" <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>,
Subject: Re: Roadster Comments??
From: "J Friederich" <jfried@anv.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:30:52 -0800
Interesting comment, since I own both a '94 Miata (well, wife's really) and
a '69 2000 Solex.  I had Keith Williams (infamous Roadster guy here in Las
Vegas) drive the Miata along side the 2L from a few standing stops.  The
results were a dead heat.  In twisties I suspect the results would be much
the same - a dead heat.  Of course, the Miata is a bit more comfortable, but
gets no looks on the road, like you say.  It is difficult to drive the
Datsun anywhere without getting comments just stopping at a 7-11 for a
6pack, or getting gas.  I think it is amazing that the Datsun can keep up,
considering the age...

-John F.
'69 2000 Solex
'94 Miata (blue)