DUST SEAL CLAMPS and Idler Arm Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: DUST SEAL CLAMPS and Idler Arm Question
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:44:18 -0600
In rebuilding my front suspension/steering I have a couple questions.  I
ordered dust seals from one of the vendors and during the rebuild, I found
that I need clamps to hold the seals on.  The fiche print I have only shows
clamps for the upper ball joint.  Is none needed for the bottom and if so
does anyone have the part number?

Next,  I have 2 Idlers Arm assm. and both are worn.  Assuming the shaft is
not pitted,  is there anything special about replacing the bushings?  I
assume these will have to be pressed on at a maching shop, true?   Anything
else I should know?

John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
   Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
pin 8710561