OT bees

To: "'Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT bees
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:42:48 -0600
Sorry for the OT, but this works for me.

I have the same problem with wasps here in Alabama.  I knew some
agricultural research folks that worked for the government.  They were
instructed to find a clean and simple method of killing wasps.  This what
they found - this is true.  Dish water.  Mix a strong solution of dish
washing liquid in a large cup of hot water.  Wait until the wasps are on
their nest and throw the water on them - it must totally cover them.  They
will not even fly up - they hit the ground and don't even move.  I have
shown a lot of non-believers who stand with their mouth open after it works.
The secret is the soap forms a very small bubble over their breathing holes
and they suffocate.  This does not work on yellow jacket that are in the
ground - you can't get them all covered.  People laugh at me with my bottle
of Dawn strapped to my roll bar (if I only had a roll bar).   You down under
folk are a hoot.  Thanks for the good laugh this morning!

Phil Hall
'66 1600 and clean