Re: Going to Shasta!

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: Re: Going to Shasta!
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:24:30 -0800 (PST)
Victor wrote:

> Just booked my room at the econo lodge in Shasta for the 7th and 8th of July
> for $55.00 a night. Whew! thought it would be much more to stay in town.

There are several motels in town, in this general price range. The 'primary'
lodging is the Strawberry Inn (for those into admiring their gorgeous
restorations) and the Mountain Air right across the street (for those
changing their thermostats in the middle of the night - right Daniel?)

After my little fender-altering oopsie, I'll be where I belong, at the
Mountain Air (hope I can find a fender and bumper soon) :-)

If anyone has ever wondered what 50 Roadsters gathered in the same place
look like, YOU HAVE TO GO! It doesn't matter if you car looks like the eBay
special, YOU HAVE TO GO. It doesn't matter if you don't own one, or it
doesn't run, or the kids would be bored, YOU HAVE TO GO.

Besides for the incredible cameraderie (it isn't about who has the
nicest car, it's about this unique group of us that love these little
things even after they've sat in the garage untouched for years),
Mt. Shasta is an experience all by itself. It's half-small town,
half-new age retreat, all friendliness and a refreshing break. The
town is the headwaters of the Sacramento River (flows out of the rocks
into a pond in one of the public parks!). The morning 'run for the
rocks' hosts a caravan of cars heading up the side of the mountain
(roads were even open last year!). As you walk around town (yeah, it's
that small) there's always a 311 or 510 buzzing by. And everyone WAVES
to everyone else!

Oh, did I mention? YOU HAVE TO GO.

BTW, campgrounds are available as well. Those wild and crazy five and
dimers take over a corner of the KOA and offer up some really great
rates.

> Now all I have to worry about is if I can afford the registration and fees

Can't guarantee this year's rates, but it's been $30 in the past for
the show-n-shine (includes dash plaque) and other events, and that
includes a banquet dinner. You also CAN'T MISS the raffle and awards
ceremony after dinner!

-- John
     John Sandhoff   sandhoff@csus.edu   Sacramento, CA