Re: Going to Shasta!

To: sandhoff@csus.edu, LauryV@mta.net
Subject: Re: Going to Shasta!
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:54:25 EST
In a message dated 3/29/00 5:25:58 PM !!!First Boot!!!, sandhoff@csus.edu
writes:

<<  If anyone has ever wondered what 50 Roadsters gathered in the same place
 look like, YOU HAVE TO GO! It doesn't matter if you car looks like the eBay
 special, YOU HAVE TO GO. It doesn't matter if you don't own one, or it
 doesn't run, or the kids would be bored, YOU HAVE TO GO. >>

Hello John,

It really cant be said any better then you described.  Shasta is all of that
and so much more.  It is everything that we have discussed on this Mailing
List for the past year multiplied by 10.  It is the brake work that you
needed advise on, the clutch adjustment, the bragging rights of blasting by
the Miatas and the wonderful evening drive thru the mountians.

You will be able to hang out and talk to all of the old familiar faces and
meet for the first time the Shasta newbies.

The only problem is that Shasta can be addictive.  It has been for me as I am
now in my fifth year.  The only way I can really sum it up is that it is like
a family reunion.

Interesting story.... four years ago I went to the Shasta Meet and during the
banquet I recognized many of the peoples name on their ID tag but no one knew
me.  Well I changed that and wrote "Calspeed" and things immediatley changed.
 Everyone knew the handle Calspeed.  You will be surprised how many folks
from the list will be there.  I know it is alittle early to plug the Shasta
Event since Solvang has not yet even happened.  But what can I say...?

You gotta be there.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex