Re: new from Dean at DatsunParts.com (OT)

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, kzariwny@home.com,
Subject: Re: new from Dean at DatsunParts.com (OT)
From: Joshua Milton <jt_milton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:13:53 -0800 (PST)
Not to play devils advocate, but since Dean is being
spotlighted here.....again.....

Why dont you guys ask him why he doesnt have email?  I
did.  His reason makes sense to me.  I live by him and
have gone there numerous times, everytime he is on the
phone.  90% of his business comes through the phone.
If you spent most of your life on the phone, and with
people who want to ask questions about parts they
bought from a different vendor, would you set up
email??  I wouldnt.  I have an average of 100-200
emails a day and I couldnt imagine answering the phone
every second of the day too.  Keep in mind that he
would have to hire someone that knows a lot about
Datsun Roadsters to take over either of those roles
for him.  That would be tough.  His website is easy
because that CAN be done by someone who doesnt know
anything about Roadsters.  There are a few things I
dont like about his site, but its the only site of all
our vendors that has pictures for most of the parts he
sells.  That keeps me coming back to his site.  That
and the fact that most of the other vendors sites are
difficult to navigate, dont change anywhere near as
often as they should and dont list but a handful of
parts.  Some of the other vendor sites havent even
changed yet!  A website should be continually evolving
to keep people coming back for more, otherwise why
would anyone come back to it?? ...for your email
address?

So the problem presents itself like this:
Continue without an email address and lose some
business to the internet OR hire someone that is
likely to tell your customers the wrong answer and
lose your established business.

I agree that it is difficult to deal with him being on
the phone but imagine dealing with him if he spreads
himself that thin!!

Now, lets quit badmouthing our vendors and be thankful
that we have them.  ALL of them!

my 2¢.

joshua milton
69 1600