Re: email

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, kzariwny@home.com,
Subject: Re: email
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:23:55 -0600

> Perhaps if enough of us let the vendor in question know that his actions are
> not acceptable and do not patronize him, he will get the message and mend
> his ways.

Seems to me there's a lot of suspicion being attached to simply not having
email.  I don't know the vendor in question at all, but I can't see what
offense he's committed, other than being shortsighted.  I probably wouldn't
patronize him, just because I'm a techie and prefer to do as much by email and
the web as I can.  It's just easier - for me.  But maybe he's not computer
savvy.  He might recognize the value of the Web site as advertising, yet not
want to get into computers himself.   That's not a crime, nor even grounds for
mistrust.   I dunno, maybe it's just that I've been wrongly accused often
enough to recognize that not agreeing with the way someone does something is
not a good reason for imputing bad motives.

But it will sure cost him some sales!  Anything you can do to make it easier
for your customer to do business with you is a good thing for your business.

--
Mark van der Hoek
Houston, for a few more days...

     From bondage to spiritual faith