Alternator

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 20:50:57 -0400
  My NAPA Rayloc 45 amp, TWO wire self exciting alternator doesn't start
charging until the motor is revved over 2000 to 2500 rpms, but once revved,
it will continue to charge, even at idle.  I have one wire running directly
to the positive terminal on the battery and the other to the 12 volt power
wire to the radio ( long story but it works!).  The alternator is grounded
through the brackets to the block.  Make sure you didn't do to good of a
paint job on the brackets and stopped the ground connection.
  The old regulator was removed along with it's harness and the old power
wire was taped off.  Amp meter still works.  And just to be safe, I run an
in-line 30 amp fuse on the main positive feed.

Paul
OROC
1969 1600