Re: Cold start rattle?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cold start rattle?
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:49:15 -0700
Yes, the tensioner runs primarily off of oil pressure, although there is an
auxiliary spring inside.
If you trace the oil passages through the engine, you will find that the upper
timing chain
tensioner is the very last component to get any oil.

I really don't believe a fresh engine with all new components should make any
kind of rattle. If
it's just a little clatter from the rockers, that's one thing, maybe, but not a
chain rattle.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org