Re: 1500 alternator swap.

To: "Adam Fox" <foxy@pipeline.com.au>,
Subject: Re: 1500 alternator swap.
From: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:06:08 -0700
Hi Adam,
Welcome to the list!

The electrical system of the 1500 works fine with positive ground. All my
gauges work, the AM radio, horn, headlights (now with halogens), tail
lights, wipers, heater, all run fine with the stock alternator. I had the
alternator rebuilt and detailed so it looks new. If you look around, you
should be able to find a shop that can rebuild your stock one. The starter
can be rebuilt too. I think the system is simple and reliable as is.

Now then, if you're thinking about hooking up a new radio or running
electronic ignition than go for the swap.

Joseph Roach
65 1500
San Diego

BTW: For the stock look, the color of the tape for the wiring harnesses is
grey.