Re: 4 speed

To: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: 4 speed
From: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:58:34 -0700
Mike,
I didn't see any others respond to this, but there is a difference between
1st and 2nd gears of the trannies. You could think of it this way. For the
4-spd, 1st and 2nd are a bit lower (taller gears) so you're moving farther
away from the mid-close and ultra-close ratio trannies that would be in a
race car. The thing is, you can keep in the power band better with the
5-spd when shifting between 1st, 2nd and 3rd over the 4-spd.

Joseph Roach
65 1500 (w/ 5spd)
San Diego