Re: <OT>THanks everyone

To: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: <OT>THanks everyone
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:38:52 -0700
Mike Poorboy wrote:

> In addition to what Don has said. Make alot of copies and keep your
> originals. I gave my originals to the State of California and never
> got them back. They also told me the company I filed against filed
> bankruptcy and was no longer in business, but the company was still open
>
> and under the same name. They told me I would have to prove it
> to them. Don't always figure the government is on your side. I have
> learned to document everything and it has come in handy. I even have
> taken videos and pictures of things to prove I am right.
>
> Mike
>
> Don Miller wrote:
>
> > I'm sure others have told you, but documentation is
> > the key. Sit down in a quiet place and document all
> > you can remember for as far back as you can remember.
> > When a manager came to me and told me I was fired at a
> > past company and I asked why, she told me she did not
> > have to have a reason and could fire me for cause at
> > any time. We did have a personality clash over 2
> > years, but when I had received reviews by her
> > supervisor and they were all 4-5 ratings on a scale of
> > 5 over the 3 previous years. Management was confused
> > when I called and asked for my records so I could file
> > a grievance with the State Labor Board. They called me
> > in, questioned me and then called me a week later to
> > offer me the managers position as she no longer worked
> > there. I already had a new job but was glad things
> > progressed quickly and smoothly. I just had lots of
> > documentation.
> >
> > Good Luck!
> >
> > Don M.
> > 68 1600 for sale
> > 69 turbo V-6 (almost back together)
> > 70 2000
> > Meridian, ID

> > Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere!
> > http://mail.yahoo.com/

Laurie,
Sound advice.  I might add..tape record ALL conversations (in person and
telephonic).  It's legal in Arizona (as long as one of the two parties
has knowledge of the activity (you).  You can buy a small recorder at
Radio Shack that will help your memory and most likely the selective
memories of others.

Guy