Re: Trashy Stuff and Shop Vacs

To: sandhoff@csus.edu
Subject: Re: Trashy Stuff and Shop Vacs
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
--- John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu> wrote:
> WHOA! You're about to surpass Alan 'bug killer' Bent on how
> big a boom you can make!!!
>
> > I've  put in some fresh gas, stirred it around a bit to loosen up
> the sludge,
> > then used a wet dry vac to suck it all out.
>
> Please DONT TRY THIS AT HOME (or anywhere else)!!!!
>
> The sparks coming off the brushes on the motor can easily ignite all
> those
> gas vapors you're blowing near and through the motor. Can you say
> kaboom??? Consider yourself LUCKY to date and promise us that
> you never do this again - unless you're trying for the 'PO Hall of
> Fame'.

John, you have a very good point.

Resourceful I am, smart I may not be, but most definately charmed! It
never crossed my mind this could be dangerous. I never suffered any ill
effect from it. (only did it once,seemed like a good Idea at the time)
At any rate I hereby do solemly promise to you and the rest of the list
I will never do this again! <grin>

Now, you have a better way to get the sludge out?

Roman Rist

http://mail.yahoo.com/