Re: Re[2]: how many are left?

To: spl310@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: how many are left?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:19:35 PDT
List,

This question gets asked a lot. I think that Rob's guess of 2500 may be a
little light. I know there has to be at least 2-300 of these cars in
California alone. True, we probably have more of them due to our huge
population, but there are other metropolitan areas that are also well
represented. Case in point is the WyCROC crowd. They have quite a few cars
and Eric Frisbee has confided in me that there are cars he knows about in
Colorado where the owners either are not interested in joining or want to
sell.

I know of at least 3 cars here in SoCAL where the owners are NOT on the
list. But always remember that no matter how many of our cars are left, they
are REALLY rare. Case in point: when I was pissing and moaning about my 67.5
2000 not really being that rare as there were six of them at shasta (more
than the 1500s that showed up), Sid Raper set me straight when he told me
that the 64.5 Mustang is considered "rare" and they made about 50,000 of
those...

So my guess would be closer to 5,000 worldwide. I don't think there is any
way to know for sure.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC
2 roadsters