Re: how many are left?

To: noji <noji@snowman.med.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: how many are left?
From: David Conrad <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:30:31 -1000
Dana, Mitch:

This last March,"Paul <9laser3@bright.net>", and David A. Fox were discussing
the
matter of a "National Registry".

At that time, I brought up to the list the matter of Mike Bell ("The Registry
Guy"), and his Datsun Roadster Registry, and questioned "whatever happened
to...?"  I made a limited effort myself to follow up on the question, but
encountered nothing but "dead ends".

Mike was so active on the list in 1996-1997, published his registry, and then
seemingly disappeared.  He did do a very nice job on it, and I refer to it from
time to time.

The total he was able to compile was 1219 of SP/SPL-310, SP/SPL-311, SR/SRL-311
in a total of 5 countries (3 being ascribed to "other" than the major five-- one
each in Portugal, S. Africa, & Thailand).  He lists a total of 9 for England--3
to Rob Beddington.  338 for Australia, but only 23 names for Canada.  99 For CA,
BTW.

He really did do a fine job on the registry, just sorry that it did not continue
as he obviously intended.  Wonder what happened...

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona