Tires and Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires and Wheels
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:33:34 -0700
        Question for all of you experimenters out there.  Assuming that my
suspension is relatively stock in regards to height, and my fenders are
also stock, what is the optimum tire/wheel size combination you would
suggest.  Mike Poorboy suggested 205/50/15 on 15x6 rims with a 15mm
offset.  I understand that the stock rims, which I have (I think) are
14x5.5.  What would be the maximum tire size I could fit on those puppies?
 I've already redone the shocks (KYB gas), added another rear leaf spring
along with the urethane bushings, and eventually want to go to the wider
sway bar up front with urethane bushing as well.  Handling is my most
desired characteristic.  I don't really care about a rough ride, I just
want to be able to kick ass going around corners and know that I have the
optimum capability to NOT put it in the ditch.  As always, I greatly
appreciate your opinions and discussion.  Boy am I having a ball with the
car this summer...

Jon Wissler
NOWROC
69 2000
U20/SU's
(Wanting to drive a Solex to see what all the fuss is about)