My employees are brain dead (no Roadster content)

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: My employees are brain dead (no Roadster content)
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:54:42 +1000
I own a pizza shop in a small town in Australia, only a small shop with
4 employees. I have been operating pizza shops for about 14 years, over
those years I have hired many people, I used to think I was reasonably
good at selecting staff members but the events of the last few weeks is
making me re-think my selection process. Here's a couple of examples of
the inteligence they possess-
One of my pizza delivery drivers, an 18 year old female, was in her
friend's car, her friend decided that she needed to re-fuel so she
pulled into a petrol station (or gas station as you guys insist on
calling them). Her friend got out and started to fill the tank, my
employee was standing next to her discussing whatever it is that 18 year
old girls talk about. At about this time my employee thinks to herself
"Hey, I might light a cigarette!".
BANG!
The resulting explosion destroyed half the petrol station and one car,
but somehow both employee and friend survived, but both recieved nasty
burns and will be in hospital for quite a while.
Another employee, also an 18 year old female pizza delivery driver, was
at work one night when she casually says "My car is really annoying
me!". Against my better judgement I asked her why her car was annoying
her, "because it smells funny, that's why!". I asked what kind of smell
it was and she said that it was a "funny burning smell". I went out to
her car and sure enough it didn't smell too good. I asked her if she had
checked her oil lately, she said she hadn't been able to check her oil
lately because the bonnet (hood) release cable had broken and she
couldn't open the bonnet, but she knew that the oil was low. I said to
her it isn't so low that the oil light is coming on is it? She said that
"the light was only coming on when you go up a hill, but for the last
couple of days it has been on nearly all the time!" I fixed her cable so
she could now open the bonnet and check the fluids.
It has actually worked out quite well, the engine now rattles so much
that you can hear her coming from about 1/2 a mile away, it gives me
time to get her next delivery ready!
Alan Bent  -  Flaxton, Queensland, Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311-01060   - *  1965 Silvia  CSP311-70231
1966 Fairlady  SP311-00925  - *  1964 Fairlady  4-SP310-00134
1964 Fairlady  4-SP310-00134 * 1964 Cedric Wagon  4-WP31-50620
1963 Bluebird  P312-3-32984   * 1963 Bluebird  P312-3-39741
1963 Cedric  G31-3-07024       * 1964 Cedric Wagon  4-WP31-51579
1969 Super Six  G130-005415  *
Early Datsun Homepage  http://www.geocities.com/olddat
Nissan Silvia Homepage  http://www.angelfire.com/ns/silvia
Planet Cedric                  http://nav.to/planetcedric