Re: New Race Rubber

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: New Race Rubber
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:23:24 -0600
>Well I just got my new Autocross tires. Khumo Victoracer (what a great
>name!) 195/55/14, shaved, from Tire Rack. My UPS man wanted to know why I
>would buy BALD tires! These are just as wide as the 205/55/14 BFG R1's I was
>running but at least an inch less in diameter. Just in time too, last
>outing, I plowed off the course and flatspotted the fronts, one to the
>cords.

Do you have heat cycle them, too? I guess they can shave them without
your getting the tire mounted, but it's interesting to think about how
they'd do that.

Yeah I know, too much time spent thinking about arcane details.<grin>

Later

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)