Re: New Race Rubber

To: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: New Race Rubber
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 06:23:39 -0800 (PST)
Victor,

Mount the tires up and go for a 100 mile spirited
drive. Then take the tires off and let them sit for at
least 48 hours before you austocross them. This heat
cycles the tires and you will get more wear out of
them. Also remember the K Tires like more pressure
then the BFG tires. Try upwards of 45 front and 38
rear to start and check the wear triangles for
rollover.

I think you'll find these tires more forgiving then
the BFG which makes them a little easier to drive at
the limit. Also, about halfway through the life of the
tire, turn them on the rim to even out wear. Before I
put the big motor in my car I could get 70-90 runs out
of a set.

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6 (with slicks that don't last too long)
Meridian, ID