'67 2000 Update & Thanks

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: '67 2000 Update & Thanks
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:29:14 -0600
Morning All,

Quick update, as I am still on the digest mode. Just too
busy at work at the moment to keep up with the list in real
time.

First: Thanks I have lots of good friend & personally know
a lot of people on the list. When all is said and done it
is not the cars, but the people I have meet that have the
been the best part of owning a roadster.

Second: the car is sold.  Not sure if the buyer in on the
list, but all I got was "Brian, plays guitar, and flies
a plane (perhaps for a living?)".  He was quite happy to
have found a "low number 2000" so it sounds like he knows
he got a 67 2000, and not a "MG Clone".

Third: It was my ex's property at this point.  The buyer got
a heck of a deal, and she got some cash out of it. She had
no attachment to the vehicle, other than to bug me!

I've pointed out before I was quite happy with the outcome
of the settlement. I got the kids, dogs, house. That was
my priority, and that is what I stuck to. True, I still kept
all my garage stuff and the '68 2000. Yes, I still sleep on
an air mattress (which the kids love to loosen the air valve
as a joke on me).

What the heck when all it is all over, the important thing
in life is how many people we can call a friend, not what
is parked in the garage.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX