Cars, T-shirts, money and life (Sorta OT and Long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars, T-shirts, money and life (Sorta OT and Long)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:59:04 -0800
All,

My mailbox has been filling up with people asking "Where is my T-shirt?"
Well, I apologize again for the delay. I have kept EVERYONE'S address and
you will get your shirt to you. Try to think of it as a Christmas present
you ordered in October.

In all fairness to me, I have had a lot on my plate lately. My car will be
coming off the road in preparation for its disassembling at the end of this
month. Plus, Liz's car still needs to get fixed after tossing the rod
through the block.

To address that issue, Liz and I are looking at a deal where we will get a
two-for-one deal. At first I looked at buying a replacement block which
would mean I still would have to deal with a rebuild. Plus, until I get the
head off, I will have no way of knowing how much damage will have been done
in case the piston slammed into the head and jacked up the valves and
springs.

Les and other vendors have been great about it, but let's face it: a
complete rebuild of the engine with new block is going to cost. Now some
people have offered me replacement blocks and engines for sale, but I have
decided to go another route.

We are looking at buying a 2000 conversion. Better yet, the guy still has
the 1600 engine he pulled out of the car to do the conversion. He will toss
that into the deal. So for the meantime, if the deal goes through I will put
the 1600 engine into the car and then see about the engine rebuild. At least
I can drive the car until I get the engine redone. Plus, we will have the
conversion as well. So for the price of one car, I will be able to get the
other one running and then rebuild the 2000 engine over time and then drop
it back in and sell the 1600 engine.

So the T-Shirts have taken a little bit of a back seat. They will make it,
but I need to scrape cash right now for this next purchase and then I will
do the shirts. And no, I have not nor will I cash any checks that were sent
to me. I am mailing these shirts out on my own dime. The checks have already
been destroyed.

So bear with me folks. A lot of things going on right now, but I will get
there.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000
SoCalROC