Stans email worm

To: Stan Wada <swada@roundhse.com>
Subject: Stans email worm
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 16:31:54 -0800
I agree with Jason, thank goodness for the attachment stripper. Don't feel
cheated that you didn't get the attachment, and please don't go looking for
it! Here's the info that we passed to our staff on the creative virus:

***

Another worm virus is making its way around.

The W32.Prolin.Worm uses Microsoft Outlook to email a copy of itself to
everyone in your Outlook address book. It sends a copy of itself in a file
with the following name:

Creative.exe.

It sends the file as an attachment in an email message with the following
subject line:

A great Shockwave flash movie

The email consists of the following message:

Check out this new flash movie that I downloaded just now ... It's Great
Bye

The worm then moves all .jpg and .zip files to the root folder. It renames
each of these files and appends the following text to their extension:

change atleast now to LINUX

W32.Prolin.Worm is also known as the following: - Troj_Shockwave.A
- Creative
- Troj_Prolin.A

> Check out this new flash movie that I downloaded just now ... It's Great
> Bye
>
> [demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/x-msdownload which had
a name of creative.exe]