FW: dropping things in the motor

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: FW: dropping things in the motor
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:14:34 -0800
>Andy Cost Wrote,  The nut on pulley did not want to come off with an impact
wrench.  I finally jammed a pry bar in the teeth of the flywheel with one
hand and muscled the nut with a breaker bar with the other hand.

This story reminds me, It's best to break the crank pulley nut while the
engine is still in the car! I'm going to be helping a friend pull an engine
in the next few weeks and I'll incorporate this step. During my timing
compotent replacement, I found that putting the car in fifth gear, chocking
the wheels and emergency brake on, made this operation a no sweat deal.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/