couple last questions before its up and running

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: couple last questions before its up and running
From: Taylor Collins <tyco1983@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:06:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,
I'm about to have my '69 2000 up and running, finally,
but I have a couple of last questions.  My brakes
obviously need rebuilding, so would it be cheaper
buying some already functioning calipers or rebuilding
them(is there a specific kit i need??), and lastly, is
there any safe amount I can have removed from the deck
of the block to up my compression a bit??  Enough to
where the tensioner can still make up for the slack??
Thanks-Taylor Collins
'69 2000