car

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: car
From: "Mike Faggart" <mikef@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:55:10 -0500
Well, I had to wait till yesterday to go get the car from Ben's
Garage.  Weather was a balmy 30 something.  No Top. Heater works when
it wants to, not when I want it to like yesterday.  SEROC Cap, ear
muffs, gloves, heavy coat, and mocs.  I think that I looked like one
of the Coca-Cola polar bears going up the interstate.  Sorry Ben, the
scenic route was a bit slower.  'Bout half way home, some kids in a
civic rice rocket  pulled up beside me.   I dropped it down to 4th and
pulled on ahead of them.  Apparently, this kid dropped it down to
third and almost blew his engine trying to catch me.  When you are
already running 75-85, probably 3rd gear is not a good idea in a
civic.  We ran together for a few miles till he got off the
interstate.  A couple of observations, I did notice that I have some
definite engine missing at above 5000 rpm and I need to get the heater
fixed.  Also the fuel gauge has stopped working.  Oh well, the joys of
roadster ownership!  So, anyway, I get back home and something has
broken on the 240D.  So, today,  it is currently 20 degrees with a
possible high to day of 39-42.  The coal burner just got towed off to
the shop and I guess that I am roadstering the 25 miles to work.  Boy,
A HARDTOP from Santa sure would be nice for Christmas.  I now must
respectfully withdraw my membership from NOROC, however temporary that
may be.  However, my membership in COLDROC is still active.

Mike Faggart
68 2L
COLDROC
SEROC